1. Spectator and pit riding is prohibited.
2. Riders are responsible for the actions of their entire pit crew.
3. No one, except officials and riders officially entered in the race program, may ride on the race course at any time during the event.
4. Marking, cutting, tampering with or otherwise changing the course in any manner is strictly prohibited. Course modifications may only be made by an official.
5. CAMPING: NO ground fires! Be respectful of landowners and pick up/bag your trash!
6. NECXC is not liable for any lost or stolen property of participants or spectators.
7. Cards are accepted but will be subject to a 3% processing fee.
1. Riders must register for the race before riding their machine anywhere, may not exceed 1st gear idle when traveling to/from their pit area, and must always wear a helmet. Warm-up riding is limited to the start area and only after an official has given permission and the rider has registered for the event.
2. Riders will receive two numbered helmet tags for scoring. Place them both on each chin side of the helmet; place the colored tag on the back of the helmet.
3. Riders must obtain a transponder. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO TRANSPONDERS ON. Transponders can be purchased for $5.
4. The Riders Meeting will be conducted on the Start Line before the start of each race. All riders are responsible for attending.
5. Riders shall line up on their assigned Starting Row on a first come basis when directed by the race official. There will be class signs that match the class color given at registration.
6. A NECXC course may include trails, footpaths, roads, hills, motocross tracks, or any type of terrain which can be negotiated by a motorcycle or ATV.
7. Riders must remain on the marked course. The marked course is within 25 feet of race arrows. However, riders must stay within the confines of the following markers: double arrows posted on both sides of the trail, ribbons, signs, stakes, hay bales, barrels, motocross track, grass track, etc.. If a racer is caught off marked course or cutting marked course by an official they will be disqualified.
8. Riders encountering a traffic jam or bottleneck may go more than 25 feet off the course to get around the bottleneck only. However, the rider must re-enter the course as soon as possible, and upon approaching this section the next lap, must ride the original arrowed section if the track is clear. If the original marking devices are knocked down, the rider must stay on the original marked course regardless. A "bottleneck" is a section of the track that becomes impassable for any reason, with the exception of checkpoints.
9. If a rider leaves the course for any reason they must re-enter where they left the course. The machine a rider leaves the start line with is the official machine of the rider for that event, and may not be switched during the event. In either case the rider will be penalized.
10. Riders my make repairs and otherwise receive mechanical assistance anywhere but scoring, along the course from anyone. All such repairs and assistance must be made without causing interference with other riders and in a suitable area off the racetrack. If a rider is towed off the track for any reason they are not allowed to re-enter the race.
11. The race officially ends for all contestants at the completion of the lap in which the checkered flag is displayed to the overall winner.
12. NECXC is not liable for any lost or stolen property of participants or spectators.
13. ALL RACERS MUST STOP UNDER THE SCORING TENT EACH LAP. IF YOU DO NOT STOP YOU WILL BE PENALIZED.
14. All mini and youth events will be DEAD ENGINE start with the exception of the 50cc mini bike classes.
15. ALL ATVs mini, youth and adult MUST have a tether/kill switch.
16. You may bring your helmet to registration for us to check your transponder. (No need to buy one if you have one that works!)
17. A PARENT MUST ACCOMPANY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO REGISTRATION.
18. Plaques are given out to the line, all minis will get one.
19. ABSOLUTELY NO TIRE STUDS!!!!!!
20. You may print out a registration form a head of time and bring to the race, there are forms provided at each event OR you can simply preregister online.
7 races count for year end points in your CLASS. *Special events & Triple Crowns do NOT count towards points races.
Top 20 Overall will count ALL races. You must have 7 to qualify. Riders below top 20 overall - ONLY count best 7 overall finishes.
Top 20 Overall will be updated along with points through out the season.
Class Points Scale::
1st - 20pts
2nd - 19pts
3rd - 18pts
Overall Points Scale::
1st - 30pts
2nd - 25pts
3rd - 21pts
4th - 18pts
5th - 16pts
6th - 15pts
(6th-20th = 1pt difference)
* Under Top 20 overall will run on a different points scale that goes down by one point like the old scale did.
21st - 180pts
22nd - 179pts
23rd - 178pts
21. Points tie breakers:
For the championship - who ever has the most wins.
Other positions - who ever has the better finish at the season finale.
22. Preregistration transfer, if you preregister and can't make it to that event please notify us and it will be transferred to the next upcoming event.
23. Results will be posted the Sunday or Monday after an event, points will be updated by Wednesday.
24. Racers have 24hrs after an event to file a dispute with those event results.
25. Mini Bikes - If you have finished in the top 5 overall of any races in 2022 you must run 65cc Super class in the 2023 season.
26. Mini Atvs - 70cc DRR will race with the 90cc 2-Stroke // Mini Bikes electric 50's must run the 50cc 2-stroke class.
27. Protesting of a machine::
A formal protest of a machine is $50 - A teardown is $300
A formal protest is something that can be determined by just looking at the machine.
If the protesting participant is correct they will receive their money back.
If a teardown of the machine is necessary an official must be the participating mechanic.
If the protester is wrong the rider they protested will receive $200. If they are correct they will receive their full $300 back.
28. Riding out of Class: Riders must participate in their letter designated class. If you run an A, B or C class at any other event, you must run that same A, B or C class at our events. (Especially letter classes from a National Event.) *if the class does not have a letter, it is not a letter designated class.
29. New payouts -
Pro & Pro am will have a guaranteed class payouts. *If there are more than 10 riders in that class, payout will be extended to the line.
1st - $300
2nd - $200
3rd - $100
1st - $150
2nd - $100
3rd - $50
30. No Passing Zone - right before the finish line there is an orange pole & line marking the beginning of the no passing zone in the finish area. If a rider passes another rider in this designated area they will be penalized.
Long sleeve jersey (MANDATORY)
Boots that cover the ankle (MANDATORY)
Chest Protector (Recommended)
Leatt Neck Brace
-26" max tire size
2 Cylinder Stock
-24" max tire size
-no geometry changes
1 Cylinder Stock
-24" max tire size
-no geometry changes
**Must be 16yrs or older to race
**No decks are permitted
**NO zero turn lawn mowers!
**Must have lawn mower engines & rear ends.
Events may be conducted regardless of weather conditions. In the event of rain or other unfavorable conditions, it may be necessary to alter the order of the event schedule, including but not limited too, adjusting the length of the race or delaying or stopping the program completely. Should a delay occur, every effort will be made to resume the schedule in a timely fashion if conditions significantly improve.
NECXC Racing does not provide medical insurance for competitors, and we urge you not to compete without it. Medical insurance is the sole responsibility of the competitor.